What if the Divine is just a bit “bigger” than we can ever truly grasp and understand?
“If you comprehend it, it is not God.” ~St. Augustine
- Patheos – a wonderfully rich resource full of approaches to spirituality. A couple of blogs within that site (but there are many more that are incredible):
- Renovare – an organization dedicated to spiritual formation within a Christian tradition, with connections to Richard Foster (of Celebration of Discipline fame)
- Encountering Silence – a podcast that “explores the beauty and importance of silence from many angles, not just the religious/spiritual/mystical, but also reflecting on the psychology of silence, silence and the arts, silence and politics, silence and education… the list goes on.”
- Garrison Institute – an organization that believes “grounding social action in the wisdom of contemplation is essential to building a more compassionate and resilient future.” The link takes you to their blog.
- Center for Contemplation and Action – a wonderful organization connected to Richard Rohr and seeking balance in both contemplation and action (and find a wealth of information on Franciscan Spirituality)
- Shalem’s discussion of contemplative spirituality
- Abbey of the Arts – a “virtual global online monastery” in a contemplative tradition
- Ignition Spirituality – a website with numerous resources related to St. Ignatius, a wonderful example of combining contemplative and active/engaged spirituality
- Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation – support for contemplative living and leadership
- Spiritual Directors International – a hub for things ‘spiritual direction’… “The Home of Spiritual Companionship”