The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. Please also check the additional links provided for physical health for a more comprehensive understanding of your over-all well-being. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Associations & Institutes
If you were interested in looking into organizations related to mental and behavioral health in the United States.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- EMDR International Association
- National Institute of Mental Health
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- AAMFT’s Therapy Topics – a thorough listing of a variety of topics and how counseling can engage each of these. Topics range from child/adolescent/couple/family concerns to emotional/mental difficulties and diagnoses to medical and identity concerns.
Additional Links of Interest
- Alcoholics Anonymous and Celebrate Recovery – addiction resources
- Tennessee Child Abuse Hotline FAQs
- Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network
Medical Diagnosis & Medication
- DSM-V: Diagnoses and Criteria
- DrugWatch.com provides up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications, including details about associated side effects.
- Drugalert.org is a comprehensive database with information and news alerts about potentially dangerous drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.